Castiglione Accordion Home Page
ALL PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
The Ketron heritage is obvious on the SD8 Chromatic Keyboard. The Ketron SD8 carries the pedigree
of sounds and accompaniment styles that are a benchmark to which other keyboard brands aspire.
Getting more for less, is a claim often used to market all kinds of products, we make no such claim
here, the SD8 costs less than it’s stable mates (and there aren't that many of them out there)
because it's trimmed to suit the needs of a different group of musicians – the semi-professionals
and the hobbyists. The new Ketron SD8 brings all the sought after qualities of the highly acclaimed
Ketron stage and studio products to an affordable price by not including the advanced features used
in a studio and occasionally on stage; simple isn’t it. How many times do you need to use a
sampler? OK, so that can go. Four assignable audio outputs? Most keyboards only have two, (a left
and a right) so does the SD8. A fully editable multi-track sequencer? Well that could be pretty
useful but complicated, so how about a much simpler MIDI file recorder that can be edited on your
computer? That makes sense - it all adds up, or should we say down? All the features you want
without paying for those you don’t need.
It still has some clever tricks up its sleeve though. "Drum remix" enables you to play a MIDI file
song and replace the drum part of the song with the "Live Drums" from your chosen style. "Drum
remix" breathes new life into MIDI file songs, it can change the entire feel and groove of the
song. Try playing an old 60’s anthem with the latest dance style, you'll be amazed at how easy it
is to totally transform the song into a potential Chart Buster!
The Ketron SD8, all the power of the fabulous Ketron Sound and Style engines at the price of an
SD8 Chromatic Specifications
- Keyboards: Right: 52. Lef: 120 Basses. Let and Right separate velocity range controls. 6 Velocity curves.
Pitch & Modulation joystick. Aftertouch.
- Multi-tab: 1-16 multifunctional tabs.
- Mode Select: Drum On/Off, SFX, GM Part access, Free Assignable, Registration Groups, Arabic scale.
- Display: 240 x 128 pixel backlit graphic TCF.
- Floppy Disk: 3.5 2DD/HD.
- Hard Disk: (Optional unit) Type ATA IDE w.5 6Gbyte (max).
- Sound generation: 290 Orchestral Presets Sounds. 292 GM Voices. More than 1000 Percussive sounds.
32 parts Multitimbral.
- User Voices: 110 User Voices.
- Editing: A,D,S,R, Cut Off, Resonance, Effects.
- 1 Touch: 60 programmable 1 Touch Sounds, assignable to Style.
- Drawbars: 8 Digital Drawbar effects. 10 Selections.
- Programs: 120 Programs. 4 Vloices, 4 splits. Sustain, Portamento, Velocity switch, Duet, Trio,
Morphing, Steel, Slide, Harmony and 2nd voice assign. Single & global Program loading.
- 2nd Voice: 292 Preset & programmable Second Voices. 2nd Voice Edit.
- Registrations: 198 panel settings. Single & Block mode. Registration Group thru 1-16 Multitab.
- Drum 1: 24 New Drum sets. 24 User Drum Sets. 10 Drum sections. Drum Mixer. Manual Drums.
- Drum 2: 62 Live Drum sets. New Acoustic and Latin Loops.
- Arranger: 202 Internal Styles, featuring new Unplugged, Real Latin, Ballroom and Pop Styles.
Riff section. Arranger Mute. After Fill. Smart 7th. Alternate Bass. Swing Bass. Professional Guitar templates.
Rewritable parameters. 4 Arrangers: A, B, C, D. 3 Intro/Endings, Fill In, Break. Interactive Accompaniment.
Manual Bass. Jump. Tap Tempo. Accelerando-Ritardando. Tempo control. Pedalboard functions. Rootless & Standard
- Pattern: Internal 2 Mbyte flash (up to 50 Patterns).
- Edit functions: Record, Clear, Copy, Remap. Pattern Expansion memory (optional).
- Song Record: real time Song Recording to Disk.
- Pianist: Standard & Auto Mode. Sustain On/Off.
- Octave Up/Down.
- Double: lower octave coupling.
- Harmony: Full, Jazz, Double, Bluegrass, Trill, Repeat, Folk 1, Folk 2.
- Transposer Plus/Minus 24 half tones.
- Arabic Scale: 13 arabic setups (footswitch assignable). Tune plus/minus 99 cents per note.
- Accordion Mode: International, Belgique. Velocity control to Left & Right. Bass & Lower octave. Left Drum to
Bass & Chord.
- Effects: Multieffect DSP. 50 different effects. Reverberation, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Tap Delay 4/8,
Wha Wha, Distortion, Overdrive, Rotor Slow/Fast, Bass Boostl Portamento. Momo - Legato function.
- Micro: Input with Gain control. Echo, Reverb., Pan/Pot, Pitch Shift, Talk.
- Vocalizer: (optional unit) Harmonizer, Vocoder, Melody types, Midi Vocalizer track, Vocalizer to Arranger,
Vocal effects. Left & Right Harmonies.
- Midifile Player: SMF Song playback with karaoke and Txt Files. Convert files .kar & Midi type 0 to 1. Juke
box. Intelligent Transposer. Song Chain. Drum & Bass. Lead On/Off. Save Song setup.
- Drum Remix: Real time interactive Midifile and Style playing. Song and Style select.
- MIDJAY utility: capability to view, scroll and play the Midjay directories (Wave, Mp3, Midi, Sfx/DJloops,
Play List, Autoplay) directly from the SD8's screen. Start, Stop and Pause controls.
- MIDI: In 1, In 2, Out, Thru. 32 Midi Channels. GM standard
- Outputs: Stereo headphone. Micro jack.
- Inputs: Stereo headphone. Micro jack.
- Computer: PC/Mac host Interface.
- Video Interface: (optional unit) Systems: PAL, NTSC, Super VHSl Monitor, Mirror, Zoom, Karaoke 1/2
page and full screen, Mark, Underlined. Size and position controls.
- Amplification: 2x22W RMS Stereo 2 ways amplification. Speaker On/Off switch.
- Optionals: Video Interface, Vocalizer, Hard Disk, Pattern expansion (2 Mbyte).
- Dimensions: L x W x H = (46 x 15, 6 x 5 inches) 115 x 39 x 12,5 cms.)
- Weight: 18 Kg. Approx (36.2 lbs)
- MIDJAY: The SD8 is provided with special utilities to dialogue fluently with the Midjay,
the top-professional Ketron player. In combination with Midjay the SD8 is able to perform high-
professional capabilities such as Interactive live controls for Wave, Mp3 and double Midi file player, Spcieal FX, DJ Loops, Play List and Autoplay.
The directories of the Midjay can be scrolled out and started directly from the keyboard screen thus
allowing an easy remote control of the player. Furthermore, as the Midjay is fully equipped with Styles and Voices
too, the SD8 has the access to an additional top quality sound and Arranger module.
We will install M.I.D.I. systems in anyone's accordion! Call for prices!
Designed & Maintained
by: Thomas R. Brown